List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: address completion
From:       Michael =?iso-8859-1?q?H=E4ckel?= <Michael () Haeckel ! Net>
Date:       2001-05-24 9:51:56

On Thursday, 24. May 2001 03:29, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> here's a quick patch that adds {auto,short-auto,popup,shell}-completion
> support to kmail's composer.

A highly requested feature and in general it looks good.

> Not sure if the From and Reply-To edits should use the same
> completion-items as the others tho (or at all).

I think, no completion at all.
These field are usually filled out automatically, when an identity is chosen.

> It also
> - removes some obsolete methods
> - moves some methods around (there were KMComposeWin methods in between
>   KMLineEdit methods)
> - cleans up some things
>
> The bottom of the patch is not very readable -- diff couldn't come up with
> a better one, not even with -d.
>
> And yes, the old Ctrl-T completion is still available, too.

Doesn't make the impression to work, at least for me, but I think it can be
removed then.

> Currently, the entire address is completed/shown, not just the name without
> email-address (a la Outlook). I would need some input if we want that, or
> not and some more information about how it works. Does completion in
> Outlook only work with names, or also email-addresses? Does it resolve
> email-addresses to names? I need some use-cases, if we want that.

I think the current way is good.

However why does it always only show one address and no address at all, if
there are more than one match?

The popup menu should use the same font as the edit fields do.

Regards,
Michael Häckel