List:       kmail-devel
Subject:    Re: address completion
From:       Cristian Tibirna <tibirna () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-24 3:32:49

On Wednesday 23 May 2001 21:29, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Hiya,
>
> here's a quick patch that adds {auto,short-auto,popup,shell}-completion
> support to kmail's composer.
>
> Not sure if the From and Reply-To edits should use the same
> completion-items as the others tho (or at all).

These not. But they could use a list of e-mails riped from the collection of
identities defined in kmail and/or kcmemail

> Currently, the entire address is completed/shown, not just the name without
> email-address (a la Outlook).

Thank you very much for doing this right. A name can very well be associated
with multple addresses.

(and this remembers me that I had this issue with the kab library not
offering the supplementary e-mail addresses a given entry could own, not even
when selecting the "send mail" action in the abbrowser, for example. It just
stores them, but they can only be used manually)

CT