List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       "E. Hakan Duran" <ehakanduran () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-04 6:03:17

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 03 January 2008 19:44:16 Robert Smits wrote:
> As you will see from my note to Anne, I can find all the lists in the kabc
> directory.

There is definitely a distribution dependent component here. My address book
doesn't even have a New > Distribution List  option as Graeme states (It is
Hakan by the way, not Haken ;)). All it has is a New Contact option under
File menu. Needless to say, there is no New Distribution List icon in the
toolbar, either. It doesn't matter, as long as it doesn't work anyway :).

> And I'm using KONTACT 1.2.4 with KDE 3.5.7 release 72.2., which is Kmail
> 1.9.6. Can you backlevel to Kmail 1.9.6 and see if the problem is still
> there or does someone have an earlier version on Mandriva?

This is a though one. I would be more than happy to do that, but I am not a
linux guru, and I don't know how to undo things if I mess them up during
compilation of kmail. I guess I can install it from the rpm package, but the
packages are named as kdepim-kmail-3.5.7-16mdv, etc. Therefore there is no
direct indication of kmail version in their names. Long story short, I am
hesitant to do this since I don't know if I can completely undo the changes.

Graeme, can you see the distribution list you created via the address book in
the "distlists" file or among the list of contacts when you push the Select
button from kmail?

I will post this to Mandriva forum too.

Hakan