List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       Anne Wilson <cannewilson () googlemail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-04 9:59:35

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 04 January 2008 00:39:01 Robert Smits wrote:
> On January 3, 2008 01:09:23 pm Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Thursday 03 January 2008 19:53:36 Robert Smits wrote:
> > > This is a two stage process. In the category select window, select
> > > distribution lists, then you should see a selection of lists.
> >
> > Robert, I have to add some weight to what Hakan wrote.  I created one
> > list in Contacts and two in KMail.  Using the selection drop-down the way
> > you suggest shows me the two that I created in KMail, but not the one I
> > created in Contacts.  The Contacts Distribution List Editor shows only
> > the list created in Contacts.  There doesn't seem to be any one place
> > that shows all of them.
> >
> > Anne
>
> Ok, we're making progress then Anne. I've never made a distribution list
> the way he or you did in Kmail. I always go to Contacts, then use the
> distribution list editor.

In the past I've only done it that way, but in the light of Hakan's experience
I thought I should investigate :-)

> I made on the way you did from Kmail, and when I go to select the category,
> choose distribution lists and both the distribution list I created in Kmail
> and the others I created in Contact are all there. When I go to
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc and open the distribution lists file with Kwrite,
> all the lists are there, including the one created in Kmail.

Mine shows the two created in KMail, but not the one created in Contacts.
I can't find where that's stored.

> It may be distribution dependent, since I'm using OpenSuse and you and he
> are using Mandriva, I think. I'm using KONTACT 1.2.4 with KDE 3.5.7 release
> 72.2., so if you use something different, perhaps we can trace this down.

This is Mandriva 2008, Kontact 1.2.5, KMail 1.9.7.

I'm more than happy to assist with any investigation, even though I don't
actually need distribution lists at the moment.

Anne