List:       kdepim-users
Subject:    Re: [kdepim-users] simple question about how to manage delivery
From:       Robert Smits <labour () telus ! net>
Date:       2008-01-04 0:44:16

On January 3, 2008 02:02:41 pm E. Hakan Duran wrote:
> On Thursday 03 January 2008 16:09:23 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Robert, I have to add some weight to what Hakan wrote.  I created one
> > list in Contacts and two in KMail.  Using the selection drop-down the way
> > you suggest shows me the two that I created in KMail, but not the one I
> > created in Contacts.  The Contacts Distribution List Editor shows only
> > the list created in Contacts.  There doesn't seem to be any one place
> > that shows all of them.
>
> Thanks Anne. I was starting to feel really stupid. The distribution lists I
> am creating in Contacts are saved in ~/.kde/share/apps/kabc/std.vcf* files
> but NOT in distlists file under the same directory. When browsing those
> (std.vcf*) files, I can see the lists I created by Contacts as individual
> entries with matching UIDs of individual members of that group listed after
> a "X-KADDRESSBOOK-DistributionList:;" statement (such as
> X-KADDRESSBOOK-DistributionList:;UID of contactA\,;UID of contactB\,;etc).
> On the other hand, Kmail selects the Distribution Lists from the distlists
> file, which is in the same directory as stated above. So, at least in my
> system, the two databases seem to be different.
>
> I am using Mandriva 2008 Powerpack with KDE 3.5.7 and Kmail 1.9.7. Maybe
> the newer version that I am using has this bug?

And I'm using KONTACT 1.2.4 with KDE 3.5.7 release 72.2., which is Kmail
1.9.6. Can you backlevel to Kmail 1.9.6 and see if the problem is still there
or does someone have an earlier version on Mandriva?

As you will see from my note to Anne, I can find all the lists in the kabc
directory.
--
Robert Smits CEP525G

Nanaimo, Duncan & District Labour Council
Box 822 Nanaimo, V9R 5N2 Ph 250-753-0201
Fax 250-753-2954 Email labour@telus.net