List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Request for newbie tasks
From:       Jim Conner <jconner83 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2001-08-21 13:20:14

Just a few things I've thought of.

- move/copy/rename a file in $HOME
- change/apply new screensaver
- play a game of solitaire(get them hooked on kde games and they will come
back.
- apply a new theme(from the list in the theme manager)
- change clock from digital to analog or vice-versa.
- using KHelpCenter find some specific information.
- play an mpg, mp3, and/or other multimedia/sound files.
- open an AIM client(Kit) and IM a certain nickname.

These are all I can think of right now.  If I think of more later, I'll add
to the list.

Jim

On Monday August 20, 2001  6:09 pm, Jennifer E Jobst wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> In the continuing effort to develop a newbie usability test, I'm trying to
> collect a list of tasks that newbies might want to do in KDE.  Since 2 (or
> 20!) heads are better than one, I figured I'd ask you guys for input.
>
> So far the list looks like this:
>
> send/check email
> play a CD
> write a 1-page paper and print it out
> copy files to/from a floppy diskette
> browse the web
> change the look and feel of their desktop
> get help online
>
> The user profile is pretty simple:  people who are comfy in Windows or Mac
> OS, but are interested in Linux and want to try it out.
>
> Any ideas are welcome!
>
> Thanks,
>
> -j
>
> Jennifer E. Jobst
> Linux Information Development
> IBM Linux Technology Services
> (512) 838-8298, T/L 678-8298

  7:42am  up 28 days,  8:14,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.04, 0.02