List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Request for newbie tasks
From:       Denis B <denis () startsiden ! no>
Date:       2001-08-21 15:15:25

On Tuesday 21 August 2001 01:09, Jennifer E Jobst wrote:
> Greetings all,
>
> In the continuing effort to develop a newbie usability test, I'm trying to
> collect a list of tasks that newbies might want to do in KDE.  Since 2 (or
> 20!) heads are better than one, I figured I'd ask you guys for input.
<snip>
> The user profile is pretty simple:  people who are comfy in Windows or Mac
> OS, but are interested in Linux and want to try it out.
> Any ideas are welcome!

What about these :

- Change his / her password
- Manage Browser Bookmarks / Favourites / Hotlist (whatever)
	* Add Bookmarks
	* Return to Bookmarked sites
	* Change default Homepage in Browser
- Download a picture and print it
- Download and install a software package, say Acrobat Reader
(Hey, for a Windows user this is so simple, why not test in KDE, the user
profile say the target are people comfy in Windows, this is everyday food.
Arguably it is not very reliant on KDE, but I doubt Win/Mac users will think
of Linux with one desktop or another as "Linux running KDE" or "Linux running
GNOME" or even "GNU/Linux running Windowmaker" ... )

--
cheers
Denis Brækhus - ABC Startsiden A/S