List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Console usability
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () mountlinux ! com>
Date:       2001-08-21 13:22:42

hi.

>   alias 'rpm -i' ='rpm -iv'

better yet: alias 'rpm -i' = 'rpm -Uvh'

> I suppose we could get konsole to make modifications to .bashrc, or
> source its own rc file, but that would doubtless piss off hordes of
> old-school UNIX geeks.  Do I smell configuration for Konsole in the control
> panel?

hrm.. this would be extremeley difficult to get even moderately correct as:

  o not everyone uses bash (!)
  o not everyone puts their shell config in the same file
  o not everyone's systems need/require/have the same commands

i believe the raw shell will remain problematic for the new user (though a
wonderful treasure for those willing to learn).

> a model Linux-learner.

agreed!

--
Aaron Seigo