List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: How to join the KDE Usability Team?
From:       Maciej Pilichowski <bluedzins () wp ! pl>
Date:       2008-12-29 22:11:58

On Monday 29 December 2008 20:43:33 Celeste Lyn Paul wrote:

> I would not want to put ways users can submit usability bug reports
> on a contributing page. Users submitting a usability bug is a
> conflict of interest.

? I don't get it.

HIG says "put X at Y". App violates this. It is valid bug for me (or
issue with HIG), but logically they cannot both be right.

I fully agree with Dotan, I can only confirm this -- usability issues
are second rate "citizens". HIG section is basically dead (well, the
same with the webpage). And I am not even mentioning accessibility,
since there is no something like AIG it is harder to show needs for
accessibility support.

Cheers,

PS. I would like to help very much in HIG/AIG editing, but I don't
even where to start from. For now I added some rules AKA "wishful
thinking" at the Novell/opensuse accessibility web page.
http://en.opensuse.org/Accessibility/Wishlist