List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on toolbars in KDE
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-09-15 21:58:52

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

Sorry for the really late answer. I haven't had Internet for a couple of
weeks, and currently I'm busy with school stuff.

>> Configure which items should have text

Even if I like the idea, I'm still a little skeptical. Mainly because I
can't think of a good way to configure this. But I do agree that it would b=
really nice, especially for applications like KMail etc.

>> And that Firefox style editing is slow. I cannot multiple buttons fast o=
add them
(right now KDE toolbar editin is slow because it always scrolls back list!)
because i need search them from big BOX where they are and not from nice
list.

But you probably don't change the toolbars that often, do you? And the "ico=
view" is just a suggestion; it could be a nice list too. Personally I think
the current list is confusing and would prefer the items to be categorized
in some way (and a filter/search bar).

>> Firefox toolbar editin box dont offer those few nice features what i lik=
on
KDE's. Like how to change icon for one button.

That's why we have to improve it, I'm sure the "change icon" feature still
could be there. Actually, I think the current way is far from perfect. It's
slow, and if the action uses more than one icon (e.g. play/pause) you can
only change one of them.

>> I Love options to change things i like or what fits to my customer

So do I, but I also think the way to configure for example the toolbars can
be improved greatly, without leaving any options out. I would also like to
strife after good defaults, there are people who don't care about options
and just want things to work. And I want KDE to appeal those people too.

With best regards,
Hans Chen