List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on toolbars in KDE
From:       Risto =?iso-8859-1?q?Saukonp=E4=E4?= <paristo () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-21 14:34:42

On Tuesday 21 August 2007 13:00:16 kde-usability-request@kde.org wrote:
> Re: Some thoughts on toolbars in KDE

Hi! I have be thinking that customize toolbar -thing too. Right now i like
current KDE way to customize menu, much more than Firefox. Firefox customize
menu is very easy but it's more like Gnomish style on sametime.

I would keep current window (figure 4 on your PDF) what it is and just fix
those problems what you already talked about.

AND i would like to have few things added to customize window.

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/5953/konqueror3qs2.jpg

1) "Search bar" where you can fast find what you want add

2) "Show button text" where you can select what buttons shows text when text
is enable. This way users could save space and even see text on those buttons
what are most used. Just like Back button and Kmail "Send" and "Write" and
then have only those what ain't such important and needed so much, to have
only icon.

3) To fix customize window so, when user drag/add button to other side, list
dont go back to beging. Like user scrolls first left side to middle to
find "save all" and when he drags it to right side, left side goes back to
top and user needs to scroll back to middle to get "save as.." button same
position.

And there was lots of talking about APPLY|OK|CANCEL buttons vs OK/CLOSE.
And in my personal mind, i dont wanna see that stupid gnome "automatically
apply when i click something and when i see things dont work after clickin 10
configs, i cannot revert it back state where i last time clicked
APPLY" -thing. Because i want control and choose when i save something. Thats
why i dont use autosave on any office software.