List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Some thoughts on toolbars in KDE
From:       "Hans Chen" <hanswchen () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-22 16:59:18

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for your comments!

Celeste, I understand that you probably are very busy, and will be very
thankful for any comments that you may have (when you've the time).

Risko: I think your ideas are very nice. In fact, it seems we agree on many
points; when I read your mail, I remembered things that I should have
included in the document but forgot. For example, the search/filter feature
that you mentioned - yes, I want a filter bar too. (Actually I think it's in
my mockup with the blurred dialog window, you just can't see it).

I also agree on point 3, it's very annoying when it jumps back to the
beginning (I guess it has to do with the list being 'refreshed'?) This is at
least something that will be fixed in KDE4.

However, I'm not sure about point 2. While I would like to see this feature,
I don't really like your way of configure it. And when I think about it, I'm
not really sure it is a necessary feature at all. I don't really know what
more to say about it, but if you want to discuss it, you're more than
welcome.

>> Right now i like current KDE way to customize menu, much more than
Firefox. Firefox customize menu is very easy but it's more like Gnomish
style on sametime.

I understand why you think it's "Gnomish" (note: I don't what it looks like
when you configure your toolbars in Gnome), but I don't really understand
why you like the KDE way much better? You say that Firefox-style
customization is easier, but you don't give any arguments why it's bad
(apart from being "Gnomish". I would really like to hear your arguments, as
I thinks it's very important (and interesting) to hear what other people
think.

Best regards,
Hans Chen