List:       kde-usability
Subject:    State of the wiki pages
From:       Frederik Schwarzer <schwarzerf () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-22 2:54:53

Hi,

I looked for information about the ellipsis in menu items and found two
slightly different instructions when to use them.

[1] "In menus, ellipses (...) indicate that the command specified by a menu
item needs further input or specifications."
(And some more detailed information.)

[2] "Use ellipsis if the command opens another window or dialog."

I know that the guidelines are in progress and not considered final, but here
it is kinda confusing because I haven't found the page over the main page so
I didn't see the satate of the document. Maybe it is a good idea to mark the
pages itself in addition to the menu links that lead to them. So it would be
possible for visitors coming from [search engine of your choice] to see if it
is final or not.

Another thing: Are the guidelines on green pages meant to be applied for 4.0
already?

regards

[1] http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Menus:Items
[2] http://wiki.openusability.org/guidelines/index.php/Guidelines:Menu_Items