List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Drag and Drop Improvements (Was: Drag and Drop Up-One-Level)
From:       Stian =?iso-8859-1?Q?S=F8iland?= <stian () soiland ! no>
Date:       2004-05-06 23:34:35

On 2004-05-05 19:38:16, Jamethiel Knorth wrote:

> will get cluttered). Second, I don't think we need a full quick-browser in
> the Home button. If people wanted a quick-browser, we could add a button
> which is that, but it isn't useful. And, the drag-and-drop should remain
> consistent with the functionality of the button. The Home button goes to
> your homedir. Dropping on the Home button moves/copies/links to your
> homedir.
>
> Also, these menus would be weird in the other buttons. The Back button
> can't really have a tree structure, it isn't a tree-structure. The Up
> button is kinda a tree structure, but it is reversed, starting at the top,
> so it doesn't work the same.

We don't need a full quick-browser, but a limited one, only showing
directories. This could be used both to change active folder, and to
move/copy stuff to directories beneath $HOME.

Adding several such quick-navitator-items should be easy (Dragging a
folder up to a available space  on the toolbar). One might argue on how
these "bookmark" icons should be distinguished from each other, that's
another discussion.

--
Stian Søiland               Work toward win-win situation. Win-lose
Trondheim, Norway           is where you win and the other lose.