List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Drag and Drop Improvements (Was: Drag and Drop Up-One-Level)
From:       Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri <gustavo () gsbarbieri ! sytes ! net>
Date:       2004-05-07 4:54:21

Em Thursday 06 May 2004 20:34, Stian Søiland escreveu:

> We don't need a full quick-browser, but a limited one, only showing
> directories. This could be used both to change active folder, and to
> move/copy stuff to directories beneath $HOME.
>
> Adding several such quick-navitator-items should be easy (Dragging a
> folder up to a available space  on the toolbar). One might argue on how
> these "bookmark" icons should be distinguished from each other, that's
> another discussion.

I would like to have other windo pop up (as someone mentioned) instead of
this, although I don't like things to popup in my face.
	The only problem I see to make a new window popup is the time to launch
another one... this could be solved?

	Anyway, I still like to just go one level up... just that, no windows coming
into my face (imagine to move something 3 levels, 3 new windows... then I
need to close them all?!?), no menus... Newbees won't use those pop up menus,
so we want to reach power users? I'm sure they know you can enable sidebar
(F9) while you drag.

--
Gustavo Sverzut Barbieri