List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: KMenu, gnome/kde app clashes
From:       William Leese <william () leese ! nl>
Date:       2003-12-25 14:25:09

Frans Englich wrote:
> There _are_ cases where having both the KDE and GNOME version around is just
> exsessive, there is no reason. If you choose gedit in front of kedit you
> really do it because you like GNOME/GTK feel not because of the app, and then
> you should be running GNOME(and probably is - problem naturally gone).
> There's a bunch of these highly identical apps, ie. System Monitor vs
> ksysguard.

This is the kind of discussion I'm afraid of. kedit vs gedit, Epiphany
vs Konqueror, etc. There is a boundary between simply apps that both
desktops have an equivalent of and featureful apps such as a word
processor, but it is hard to define. It could lead to lengthly
discussions per case.

I understand your points and think you're right about having a dialog
regarding this is a good thing. However I think this should only concern
(or atleast begin with) very small applications such as kfind,
kjobviewer, etc.

   - William