List:       kde-usability
Subject:    Re: Tab movement [Re: kdebase/konqueror]
From:       Stephan Binner <binner () kde ! org>
Date:       2003-12-25 12:58:42

On Tuesday 23 December 2003 14:53, Allan Sandfeld Jensen wrote:

> > Then let's drop it. What speaks against Ctrl+, and Ctrl+. as alternatives
> > for people with short fingers and Portuguese/Brazillian keyboard users?
> Nothing I guess. Although they hardly symbolises anything ;)

True. But they are placed side by side on most keyboard, don't require to
press a third key (Shift) for both or even only one direction and are com-
fortable with one hand usage. So any objection or other opinion against it?

Btw, concerning your desktop/window switching consistency argument: Desktops
and windows don't really have a fixed orientation to each other, it's only
forward or backward (with Shift) switching in a list. Tabs are always left
or right of each other, so it's better to choose keys which reflect this.

Bye,
   Steve