List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] KDE Hacks on the Dot
From:       "Ahmed Saad" <ahmed.lists () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-07-02 8:06:01

Hi all,

Thanks for the warm greetings :)

On 24/06/06, Danil Dotsenko <dd@accentsolution.com> wrote:
> My only problem with Ahmed's proposal - publishing the hacks on the dot. Hacks
> change and the original author may not be as informed, but the article will
> stay stale. These are not really news, so unlike Carsten's pieces, "usage
> scenario" articles are better suited for wiki format.

Well, they wouldn't be so "detailed", they are
hey-look-at-this-one-or-more-apps too but with a tiny howto, or the
would be talking about a specific feature of some "big" application

> WHAT TO DO:
> A good way to approach Ahmed's suggestion would be:
> - for this list to create a somewhat coherent list of suggested,
> actionable "KDE-related usage scenarios" (these may include useless things
> like "changing the way KDE looks") and
> - making the list available to potential adaptors on wiki.kde.org.

Atop of my head now (those I can start writing)

1) Taking and Exchanging Notes With KDE (KNotes, BasKet, ?)
2) Finding Help with KIO Slaves (man:, info:, help:, ?)
3) Simple file encryption with KGPG

are they appropriate? any more suggestions?

/ahmed