List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] gnomecard vs. kaddressbook (addresseeeditordialog)
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-21 13:16:33

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 07:48 am, Cornelius Schumacher wrote:
> > I missing input fields for geographical data (Geo & TimeZone) and also
> > the security data (PGP public key) would be a interesting completion to
> > kabc/kaddressbook. To add these input fields to kaddressbook we would
> > need a new tab in any case (adding everything to 'Details' is no clean
> > way). So why not structure it completly?
>
> I would also like to see these input fields in KAddressBook, but what's
> the problem with putting them on the Details tab? Geographical infos are
> details. The PGP key would perhaps fit better near the email addresses.

These fields would definately be nice to have and they are already supported
by kabc. It was just lack of time when I redid the edit addressee dialog
that caused them to be overlooked. I was planning on adding the timezone
and geo on the details page (above the notes) and I didn't have a plan for
PGP key, since it can be rather large and requires a well designed widget.

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.