List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] Honor KDE single click setting
From:       Mike Pilone <mpilone () slac ! com>
Date:       2002-05-21 13:24:21

On Tuesday 21 May 2002 03:04 am, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> probably because mostly developers are using it at this point? ;-)

Yes. Most users do not use the CVS code but wait for their dist to put
together packages.

> leaving bad options is a bad idea. despite it being nice for someone's
> personal work habits (read: quirks ;) .... can you think of a less
> obtrusive way to achieve a similar end?

I don't see why this is a bad option. The label of the checkbox might not be
the greatest, but as far as options go I think it makes perfect sense. For
most users the default is not to honor single click, which they will like.
For more advanced users they will want all KDE applications to have the
same behaviour. When switching from konqueror to kaddressbook they may not
want to switch from single to double click. The option in no way can damage
data, so I don't see how it could be bad.

> i can see where "click means edit" can be nice, especially if you are
> editting a lot of things rather than selecting and then acting on them.
> so perhaps find a better way to provide this same functionality?

At some point the user is going to have to turn on 'Click means edit', it is
just a question of where and what the label of the checkbox says.

-mike

--
Mike Pilone <mpilone@slac.com>        http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/
GPG Fingerprint = 856C 8B36 ECF7 9156 4611  7C6B C265 05C4 162F C3B5

See http://www.slac.com/mpilone/personal/mpilone_pub_key.gpg for full key.
See http://www.gnupg.org for GPG information.