List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] configure under Debian?
From:       Mark Hollomon <mhh () mindspring ! com>
Date:       2001-10-18 19:55:31

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 16:14, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm waking from the dead. Actually I'm supposed to be the new karm
> maintainer and I hope to fullfill that role in the future <knock on wood>.
>
> First step I'm taking is to get karm to build here from cvs. And that's
> where I stumble the first time.
>
> Allthough I've got the qt libs "in place" I'm getting:
>
> ./configure --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/
> --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt checking for Qt...
> configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.0) (libraries) not found. Please check your
> installation!
>
> Is this a bug in the configure script or my own dumbness?

Neither. Neither the debian qt packages nor the even install make target
that comes with Qt seems to install some 'private' headers that kde depends
on. Here is the "script" that I use to compile qt-copy ( the kde CVS module
containing Qt).

PRE=/opt
SRC=/home/mhh/src/kde
sudo rm -rf $PRE/qt $PRE/kde

cd $SRC/qt-copy
export QTDIR=`pwd`
find . -name '*.moc' | xargs rm
make -f Makefile.cvs
./configure -prefix $PRE/qt -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng \
	-system-libjpeg -no-imgfmt-mng -disable-sql \
	-thread -no-stl -no-xinerama -no-g++-exceptions
make
sudo make install
find include -depth |\
	sudo cpio -pvLd --unconditional --no-preserve-owner /opt/qt

--
Mark Hollomon