List:       kde-pim
Subject:    Re: [Kde-pim] configure under Debian?
From:       David Bishop <david () bishop ! dhs ! org>
Date:       2001-10-17 21:02:43

Well, unless someone else has been working on karm lately, it will more than
likely compile with qt2 just fine.  If all you're looking for is to compile
it and go from there, you can follow the same instructions I gave for
compiling kpilot out of HEAD
(http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-pim&m=100283864713485&w=2).  As for getting
something to actually *use* qt3, well, I dunno :-)  You might look at the
configure script to see exactly what it's doing to check for qt3, and see if
you can manually test it.  If the qt3-dev packages are broken, I'm sure Ivan
would be interested in hearing about it (debian-kde@debian.org), however he
seems to be compiling the kde2 packages and putting them up at his website,
so it would appear at lest /he/ can compile stuff :-)

HTH and HAND.

On Wednesday 17 October 2001 01:14 pm, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm waking from the dead. Actually I'm supposed to be the new karm
> maintainer and I hope to fullfill that role in the future <knock on wood>.
>
> First step I'm taking is to get karm to build here from cvs. And that's
> where I stumble the first time.
>
> Allthough I've got the qt libs "in place" I'm getting:
>
> ./configure --with-qt-libraries=/usr/lib/
> --with-qt-includes=/usr/include/qt checking for Qt...
> configure: error: Qt (>= Qt 3.0.0) (libraries) not found. Please check your
> installation!
>
> Is this a bug in the configure script or my own dumbness?
>
> I am using the libqt3* stuff from Debian-unstable. I *would* like to keep
> it that way, since that would keep my system somewhat consistent, but
> maybe I'll switch to /opt/kde3.
>
> Any experience, pointers or help? In the meantime I'm wading through the
> TFMs.
> *t

>- Tomas Pospisek
> 	     SourcePole   -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> 	     http://sourcepole.ch
> 	     Elestastrasse 18, 7310 Bad Ragaz, Switzerland
> 	     Tel: +41 (81) 330 77 11

- --
D.A.Bishop