List:       kde-linux
Subject:    Re: [kde-linux] Help -- dependencies!
From:       John Aldrich <john () chattanooga ! net>
Date:       2001-08-17 21:57:33

JRT:
I think you're missing a HUGE point. For some reason the newer versions of
these packages aren't resolving these dependencies. According to rpmfind,
rpm4.0.x should be providing the librpm and librpmio files, but apparently
the newer versions of RPM aren't doing this. (I noticed that the "Polished
linux" distribution apparently has separate RPMs for this!) Same goes for
readline and the rest of this crap!
WHY don't they provide these lib files??? Is RedHat going to provide separate
librpms for these at a later date? If not then they ought to make sure that
they are included in the rpm and listed in the "provides" list inside the
spec file.
	John