JRT: I think you're missing a HUGE point. For some reason the newer versions of these packages aren't resolving these dependencies. According to rpmfind, rpm4.0.x should be providing the librpm and librpmio files, but apparently the newer versions of RPM aren't doing this. (I noticed that the "Polished linux" distribution apparently has separate RPMs for this!) Same goes for readline and the rest of this crap! WHY don't they provide these lib files??? Is RedHat going to provide separate librpms for these at a later date? If not then they ought to make sure that they are included in the rpm and listed in the "provides" list inside the spec file. John ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde-linux mailing list. Account management: http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-linux. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.