List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins projects merged in svn...
From:       Federico Zenith <fzenith () broadpark ! no>
Date:       2007-03-25 10:25:15

Alle 10:29, venerdì 23 marzo 2007, Gilles Caulier ha scritto:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm the lead digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins developer and coordinator.
>
> I would just ping translators team than digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins
> project are now merged in svn.

Ahem, how is this exactly? I still see separate files in both trunk and
stable:
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/messages/extragear-graphics/
http://websvn.kde.org/branches/stable/l10n/templates/messages/extragear-graphics/

> - We have now just one file to translate : digikam.po.

The idea would be great, only it has not been applied properly as far as I can
see.

Let's do a proper obduction... the digikam interface GUI in trunk *does*
contain the plugin strings in it, alright. But why are all the other plugin
templates still there then? They should have been removed.
Note to translators: merging has been done *for templates only*. You have to
merge your files yourself. Use msgmerge.

For some reason the plugin _documentation_ in trunk was removed, without their
content being merged in a single file. I suspect that they were removed by
mistake instead of the GUI files.
http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/l10n/templates/docmessages/extragear-graphics/

You announced this change to be for 0.9.2, meaning this should be a change in
STABLE, not TRUNK (which should be used for releases to 0.10 or 1.0,
whichever comes first).
Are you using the stable/trunk framework at all? Where are we translators
supposed to translate digiKam now, trunk or stable?

Cheers,
-Federico