List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: How are conflicts between rosetta and
From:       Krzysztof Lichota <krzysiek () lichota ! net>
Date:       2006-07-22 7:37:01

Rinse de Vries napisaƂ(a):
> Op vrijdag 21 juli 2006 13:49, schreef Krzysztof Lichota:
>> This means also the text in "About translation" box should not refer to
>> my team page as basically we are NOT translating this app, it is done by
>> someone in Rosetta, out of our control.
>
> Well, you could do that yourself, by editing the corresponding string in
> kdelibs.po in Rosetta :o)

Well, I don't want to change perfectly valid translation of the string
"This application IS translated by Polish KDE translation team" into
"This application IS NOT translated by Polish KDE translation team".
It should be different msgid :)

> But in general, i think kde should seriously look into this problem: first
> linspire started with duplcated translations in IRMA, and now Ubuntu is doing
> it with Rosetta. Who's next?
> If we don't look out, there will be a lot of different versions of our
> translations in te future, all inconsitent with each other, and some, if not
> most, of the time of a poor quality.

Exactly.
I also don't want my name put on translation which is not supervised by me.

	Krzysztof Lichota (Polish translation team coordinator)