List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Re: How are conflicts between rosetta and upstream
From:       Rinse de Vries <rinsedevries () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-07-22 1:16:57

Op vrijdag 21 juli 2006 13:49, schreef Krzysztof Lichota:
> This means also the text in "About translation" box should not refer to
> my team page as basically we are NOT translating this app, it is done by
> someone in Rosetta, out of our control.

Well, you could do that yourself, by editing the corresponding string in
kdelibs.po in Rosetta :o)

But in general, i think kde should seriously look into this problem: first
linspire started with duplcated translations in IRMA, and now Ubuntu is doing
it with Rosetta. Who's next?
If we don't look out, there will be a lot of different versions of our
translations in te future, all inconsitent with each other, and some, if not
most, of the time of a poor quality.

Regards, Rinse