List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    gettext and translate-toolkit frontend
From:       "Donatas G." <dgvirtual () akl ! lt>
Date:       2006-07-22 9:08:53

Hi,

spent some hours learning Kommander and created a GUI for MSGMERGE command,
that can:
* merge two translations (an issue recently discussed because of Rosetta),
* autotranslate a file using a compendium
* update a file to a new version of the template.
- the first and second operation can be performed without having *.pot for the
corresponding file, which, I think, is handy.

You can download it from here:
http://dg.lapas.info/share/paketai/kommander/translation-tools-gui.kmdr

Suggestions and bug reports are welcome!

Do you think a tool like that could be usefull? Anyone doing something like
this already?

I could expand it to include frontend to other gettext commands and
translate-toolkit scripts... With some help :)

Known problems: missing error messages.

--
Donatas Glodenis
http://dg.lapas.info