List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Rosetta for Edgy and KDE [Was: Rosetta for Kubuntu Dapper and KDE]
From:       Burkhard =?iso-8859-1?q?L=FCck?= <lueck () hube-lueck ! de>
Date:       2006-07-11 10:45:42

Am Dienstag, 11. Juli 2006 09:48 schrieb Tom Albers:

> Only 9 translation teams are capable of translating more than 75% of the
> doc translations. Only 14 teams have translated more than 25% of the doc
> translations. Don't tell me you don't need any help you can get.

I found no doc translations in Rosetta, only gui files. So there is no help
for documentation translations.

How does Rosetta sync translation of guiitems between gui and documentation?

Just checked a few gui translations of kdeedu in german.
Rosetta works with files from 15/05/2006, two month's old.
For most of the files in de/messages/kdeedu there have been 3-4 proofreading
commits since that date.

I suppose this is the same for other kdemodules + languages.

> I'm not saying Rosetta is great and is the solution to all our problems in
> the current state. But please be carefull not to emit such a negative
> signal that the Rosetta people will ignore us in the future.
>
> There are opertunities here. Maybe not in the current form, but maybe there
> will be in the future.

In the current form it is a waste of time.

Burkhard Lück