List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Fwd: branches/stable/l10n
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-06-23 18:22:21

Op vrijdag 23 juni 2006 09:39, schreef Andrea Rizzi:
> Alle 12:56, venerdì 16 giugno 2006, Stephan Kulow ha scritto:
> > Hi!
> >
> > As Kevin merged in a feature developed by SUSE for KDE 3.5.4, I thought
> > I also merge in the translations we did. This does not include all KDE
> > languages and I can only hope they are good enough for you. If you have
> > feedback, I'm fine with forwarding it.
> >
> > Greetings, Stephan
>
> The italian translation is very bad.
> The translator neither understand what "media" means  (file name is
> kio_media.po!!) and translated it as "half" (!?!!).
>
> I know that SuSE italian translation are not reliable, so please do not
> commit anymore italian translations directly in the repository, send them
> to the italian translators mailing list
> kde-i18n-it@kde.org
> or contribute it via bugs.kde.org
> so that the team can review before commit.

I can imagen it is a bit disappointing to see bad quality translations.

But I think what you are proposing is a bit unfair. You can not expect people
to make a bugreport for each language or mail each file to a seperate list
and keeping track of those lists.

All team-leaders are subscribed to this list and as long as it is announced
here, I think this is the best workflow possible which does not involve an
insane workflow.

Toma

["smime.p7s" (application/pkcs7-signature)]