List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Scripty skipping updated files?
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2006-06-24 6:58:11

On Friday 16 June 2006 12:46, Stephan Kulow wrote:
> Am Freitag, 16. Juni 2006 12:42 schrieb Yukiko Bando:
> > Stephan Kulow wrote:

> > > It runs at the moment over 16 hours. I don't know how long "around
> > > midnight" is in Japan, but I wouldn't use that phrase :)
> >
> > If I do 'svn up' at 23:00, my local copies don't get updated.  They do at
> > 24:00.  That's what I meant. :)
>
> The commit is done as very last step (roughly 4 hours after svn update).
> Everything that has changed in between is discarded from commit.

Scripty tries hard to commit all unmodified files in a directory changed
outside Scripty during the "merge" procedeeing, but there is no guarantee
that it always works.

The best (if easily possible for you) is not to commit in two consecutive days
in the same directory, so that you could have a cycle of update one day and
commit the other.

If this is really too much a constraint for you, alternatively, you could
still merge the PO file with the corresponding POT file manually with
msgmerge. (Basically it is what Scripty is doing.)

By the way, you can look at the logs at
ftp://i18n.kde.org/logs
to see around which times which branch is affected.
(Date/time is in German time, UTC+2 currently (in summer), UTC+1 in winter.)

> Greetings, Stephan

Have a nice day!