List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Problems with KOffice docbooks
From:       Andrea Celli <andrea.celli () libero ! it>
Date:       2006-02-23 19:59:39

Alle 17:43, giovedì 23 febbraio 2006, Anne-Marie Mahfouf scrisse:
> I did the change in kspread :(  and probably other changes as well.
> It was a bug report and i thought that fixing the english version was at
> least better than leaving the typo.
> I don't unserstand how the translation process works and why all your work
> is lost because of a typo fix. If it is the case, maybe there are some
> things that must be improved in this process.

As minimum this generates a big confusion.
Translators have a short time to complete translations,
if in this period POT files changes continously we have
serious troubles. In documentation if a single string is
untranslated, the entire translation can be lost.
Sometime this is not the case, sometime it is.
I gone bed 2 a.m. to be able to complete kspread translation,
next morning i've my job
I have not enought time to check if a new fuzzy is "dangerous" or not.
By my point of view, every fuzzy is something what can waste my work.
I lost some translations in the past for similar reasons
and i don't want risk to loss other translations now or in the future.

I think that Nicolas's idea of an 'American English' is a great idea.

Andrea