List:       kde-i18n-doc
Subject:    Re: Error in Kexi docbook creation
From:       Sander Koning <sanderkoning () kde ! nl>
Date:       2006-02-23 20:16:34

Krzysztof Lichota wrote on 2006-02-23 14:19 +0100 regarding Re: Error in Kexi docbook creation:
> Sander Koning wrote:
> >> If it cannot be made to work, it is enough to simply remove &underLGPL; from
> >> the docbook, the license is surely in other places of Kexi (like
> >> Help->About).
> >>
> >> In the docbook,
> >> http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/koffice/doc/kexi/credits.docbook?rev=504622&view=markup
> >> the &underLGPL; is followed by a comment that says "GPL", not LGPL. Which is
> >> the right one?
> >
> > This is why I changed the `translation' to GPL.
>
> My point is that you, as a translator, have no right to change it.

I *know*. Again, that is why I apologised. But for me, as a translator, it is
more important to have a full translation with one error (which, in all my
stubborn and egocentrical thinking, I found not important enough) than no
documentation at all.

> You
> just have to translate it. You can submit a bug report if you think it
> is an error. In such case original would be changed and you would have
> the opportunity to change translation also. If it was not an error you
> could end up with original (LGPL) and translation (GPL) and these two
> licenses are really different (and it matters).
>
> And from your post it seemed like you changed license just because there
> was no &LGPL; entity and there was &GPL;.

True. But had you really expected that this would have been fixed before the
original freeze point?  By the way, if there are a couple of teams with 100%
translation, why am I the only one who has this problem?

> Anyway, I hope this issue will be clarified now.

Again, *I apologise*. I know that it is incorrect. But please, please, see the
chaos on our side as well.

Cheers,
--
Sander Koning                       |   sanderkoning -@- kde -.- nl