List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Printer configuring
From:       "kotorosl" <kotorosl () yaroslavl ! ru>
Date:       2001-07-31 9:32:26

Sure, I should correct myself...

I use KDE 2.1.2, so i've seen the margin problems on the right side of the
page (it is too close to the right margin of the sheet). I'll try to install
the KDE 2.2.1 as you wrote to fix that. How can I do this?

I've printed the page to a file as you told me. The browse showed the
problem is present (see the attachment - the K in the logo has been cut a
little at the top; and if we should "place" it on the sheet and clear out 5
mm from the top, the result would be exactly as my printed sheet)

Could the problem be solved simply by adding a few lines top before the page
starts printing? (Sorry for the council - sure you know how to do this
better than me :-)

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,

Elijah Schurov

> It may be helpful sometimes to specify which KDE version you're using.
There
> were some margins problems that were temporarily fixed on 25/06 (note that
> 2.2beta1 should contain the fix). You could then experience print problems
> using CUPS and a printer with small margins (defined in PPD file). However
> the problems then were clipping on right and bottom side.
>
> Now, the page margins are hardcoded (in Qt and I can't do anything about
> that) and set to : left/right = 36, top/bottom = 22. If the physical
margins
> of your printer are larger than these values, then you may have problems.
> Somebody already reported this problem using a HP Deskjet printer. The bad
> thing is that I can't fix the problem as I don't have any control on
margins
> (Qt doesn't provide an API for that).
>
> What you can try is to print to a file from Konquy, view the result with
gv
> to check everything is normal, then print the file using command line
tools
> (lpr). If the problem occur, than I'm afraid I cannot fix it. Sorry.
>
> Bye.
> Michael.

["TestHP.gz" (application/x-compressed)]