List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Printer configuring
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2001-07-31 9:55:24

kotorosl wrote:

> Sure, I should correct myself...
>
> I use KDE 2.1.2, so i've seen the margin problems on the right side of the
> page (it is too close to the right margin of the sheet). I'll try to install
> the KDE 2.2.1 as you wrote to fix that. How can I do this?

As the problem exists in 2.1.2, it is not kdeprint related (this is my job), and
moreover it won't be solved in 2.2: if there's a problem, it lies in Qt PS generation
and I can't do anything about that. But... (see below)

> I've printed the page to a file as you told me. The browse showed the
> problem is present (see the attachment - the K in the logo has been cut a
> little at the top; and if we should "place" it on the sheet and clear out 5
> mm from the top, the result would be exactly as my printed sheet)

I checked the file you sent me, and I don't have any problem with it. The content
is viewed perfectly (and probably printed) IF using A4 page size. To be sure, I
changed the page size in gv to Letter, and then I got what you described: the
top of the K logo is clipped. Then is it possible that you're trying to print
an A4 PS page to a Letter physical sheet of paper? When printing, be sure to select
the correct page size. I don't see any other explaination.

> Could the problem be solved simply by adding a few lines top before the page
> starts printing? (Sorry for the council - sure you know how to do this
> better than me :-)

No, the problem seems to be you're mixing different page sizes.

Bye.
Michael.