List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Running KDE apps on Apple OS X
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-03-12 20:43:01

On 12 Mar 2014, at 19:44 , John Layt <jlayt@kde.org> wrote:
> But what we need most right now is a Mac experienced sysadmin to take
> on setting up and maintaining the Mac infrastructure, then a
> fundraiser to get the hardware.  And for people to start talking to
> each other on kde-mac.
Well, one could also contact the MacPorts guys in order to learn how they s=
et up their CI environment which is based on several buildbots for the curr=
ently supported four MacOSX versions 10.6.x-10.9.x.

They for instance do make use of virtualised servers for this job.

There is a =93hardcore maintainer" who keeps qt4-mac going, but he hasn=92t=
 dealt with Qt5 up to now, mainly because he is alone with this job and nee=
ds support himself. So, I guess going towards KF5 is still impossible. One =
would have to go for Qt5 first. His work wrt Qt4 is a major task, so I gues=
s it will be equally hard to install Qt5 through MacPorts.