List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: What to test for 4.13?
From:       mk-lists () email ! de
Date:       2014-03-12 20:31:16

Hi Kevin,

On 12 Mar 2014, at 14:46 , Kevin Krammer <krammer@kde.org> wrote:
> Anyway, my point was that X11 should not be a dependency on a non-X11 =

> platform, just like it is not on Windows.

Well, I always tried to keep all X11 stuff away from the KDE apps I install=
ed. But unfortunately =

even KMyMoney and kdenlive cannot be build w/o xorg-libX11:
---
$ port rdependents xorg-libX11
The following ports are dependent on xorg-libX11:
  ImageMagick
    dvdauthor
      kdenlive
    libdmtx
      prison
        kdepimlibs4
          kde4-runtime
            kmymoney4-devel
    virtuoso
      soprano
        akonadi
        kdelibs4
          kactivities
          libalkimia
          mobipocket
            nepomuk-core
  xorg-libXext
    cairo
      frei0r-plugins
        mlt
      gobject-introspection
        atk
        pango
          gnuplot
        policykit
        poppler
          poppler-qt4-mac
        py27-gobject
          dbus-python27
      harfbuzz
      py27-cairo
    ghostscript
    libsdl
      ffmpeg
        minidlna
        strigi
      libmpeg2
      libsdl_image
      libsdl_mixer
      smpeg
=97

There are quite a few nasty dependencies here. kmymoney4-devel of course al=
so depends on nepomuk-core and thus it is quite a hassle to remove all the =
dependencies to X11, ALTHOUGH qt4 got installed as qt4-mac, i.e. is a nativ=
e and non-X11 install!!!

You are right, it=92s not an easy situation on MacPorts=85

Greets,
 Marko