List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Brainstorm behaviour
From:       Shaun Reich <predator106 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-08-04 18:57:07

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 6:12 PM, Aaron J. Seigo<aseigo@kde.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 August 2009, Sayak Banerjee wrote:
>> > 1. About the voting redirection, it definitely isn't the expected
>>
>> behaviour. The AJAX interface ideally shouldn't redirect at all. Even the
>> non-ajax interface should bring back to the same page and in-fact, the same
>> idea row. A little more detail might help us track the issue down.
>
> let me be more specific, as it's not about redirection. when i go into read
> the comments and vote on an item, i only see navigation back to the main
> listing. what i want is to go back into the listing where i last was, i don't
> want to re-read all the items i've already gone through.
>
> using the browser back/forward buttons really isn't a great option given the
> otherwise nice ajaxy nature of the page.
>
>> 2. About tagging: title editing was probably missed out. We will try to add
>> this soonish (probably in our next rollout).
>
> it's not just title editing. actual tagging is really useful and important. i
> should be able to ask for "all items about plasma" and even bookmark that
> search (which, if done as tags, would be a fairly straightforward mechanism).
> this might even let me tag things as "interesting to me" :) but at least being
> able to tag with the relevant project is absolutely critical. i do not have
> the time to read through all the ideas people have about all the things in KDE
> right now, but i wouldn't mind keeping up with all the plasma ones.
>
> i'm sure other developers in KDE working on specific apps really don't care to
> see the plasma ones ;)
>
>> If any bugzilla feature is needed to be added to Brainstorm to make it more
>> useful, please let the forum staff know.
>
> thanks :)
>
> --
> Aaron J. Seigo
> humru othro a kohnu se

Yeah, I agree, I actually had the same need, it's annoying just
flipping through page after page of wishes, to find one that is
related to an interesting section. Even with trying the advanced
search, I found myself lost and once again resorting to the flipping
through endless pages ;)

IIRC, it was also kind of difficult to figure out the sorting by
rating(votes)...and when you did the problem of no filtering allowed,
was annoying.

--
Innumerus Gratiae,
Shaun Reich