List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Brainstorm behaviour
From:       Sayak Banerjee <sayakb () ubuntu ! com>
Date:       2009-08-04 21:48:41

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

> let me be more specific, as it's not about redirection. when i go into read
> the comments and vote on an item, i only see navigation back to the main
>
> listing. what i want is to go back into the listing where i last was, i don't
> want to re-read all the items i've already gone through.
>
> Ok, I understand the problem. Infact, we already have the browser
navigation workaround on our ToDo's. I'll try to have this issue addressed
soon. So once the browser navigations are working, you should be able to go
back to the exact location where you opened the idea from.

it's not just title editing. actual tagging is really useful and important. i

> should be able to ask for "all items about plasma" and even bookmark that
> search (which, if done as tags, would be a fairly straightforward mechanism).
> this might even let me tag things as "interesting to me" :) but at least being
>
> able to tag with the relevant project is absolutely critical. i do not have
> the time to read through all the ideas people have about all the things in KDE
> right now, but i wouldn't mind keeping up with all the plasma ones.
>
> The forum as well as the brainstorm area already supports tags. Once you
add tags to your idea, they serve as click-to-search. For example, the
plasma tag leads you to:
http://forum.kde.org/tagsearch.php?tag=plasma&start=0
Tags presently are on global basis. Tags are editable by add, and can be
accessed by all. If you really need a per-user tag, we can up specific
"admin tags" that are available to selective users only, allowing you to tag
ideas more specifically as per your requirement. If you would like to have
such a feature implemented, tell us! :)

Regards

--
Sayak Banerjee (sayakb)