List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE Brainstorm behaviour
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2009-08-04 18:12:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 04 August 2009, Sayak Banerjee wrote:
> > 1. About the voting redirection, it definitely isn't the expected
>
> behaviour. The AJAX interface ideally shouldn't redirect at all. Even the
> non-ajax interface should bring back to the same page and in-fact, the same
> idea row. A little more detail might help us track the issue down.

let me be more specific, as it's not about redirection. when i go into read
the comments and vote on an item, i only see navigation back to the main
listing. what i want is to go back into the listing where i last was, i don't
want to re-read all the items i've already gone through.

using the browser back/forward buttons really isn't a great option given the
otherwise nice ajaxy nature of the page.

> 2. About tagging: title editing was probably missed out. We will try to add
> this soonish (probably in our next rollout).

it's not just title editing. actual tagging is really useful and important. i
should be able to ask for "all items about plasma" and even bookmark that
search (which, if done as tags, would be a fairly straightforward mechanism).
this might even let me tag things as "interesting to me" :) but at least being
able to tag with the relevant project is absolutely critical. i do not have
the time to read through all the ideas people have about all the things in KDE
right now, but i wouldn't mind keeping up with all the plasma ones.

i'm sure other developers in KDE working on specific apps really don't care to
see the plasma ones ;)

> If any bugzilla feature is needed to be added to Brainstorm to make it more
> useful, please let the forum staff know.

thanks :)

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se