List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Multimedia Planning for KDE3
From:       Jeff Tranter <tranter () pobox ! com>
Date:       2001-08-26 1:01:55

On August 25, 2001 02:16 pm, Stefan Westerfeld wrote:
>    Hi!
>
> I think it is time for planning what to do for KDE3 in the multimedia
> section again. I would like to follow the usual process
>
>  * everybody who feels like implementing something for KDE3 posts a mail
>    to the kde-multimedia list describing what it is

I'd like to see the message strings in the arts utilities localized. I'd be willing to
do it if it was reasonably straightforward. I know we don't want it to rely on
KDE, so can the usual GNU gettext scheme be used?

My employer may be able to have a user interface designer look at one or
more of the multimedia applications and suggest UI improvements, new
icons, etc. We might be able to do the UI changes too. I'd like to see some
discussion on what applications need UI work the most.