List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Removing Noatun from cvs
From:       Neil Stevens <neil () qualityassistant ! com>
Date:       2001-08-25 23:58:28

On Saturday August 25, 2001 03:34, Carsten Wolff wrote:
> Am Saturday 25 August 2001 10:19 schrieb Neil Stevens:
> > Then why do we have so many *developers*, as well as users, who make a
> > point to say that they use xmms?
>
> Because, xmms copies the UI from WinaAMP, wich _has_ a very well thought
> out (simple) design and the program itself is quite stable (for audio),
> because it is out there for a long time and had much testing.

With the implication that Noatun's design isn't well thought out?

> Noatun is a relative young application set on top of a relative young
> sound-system. You can't expect everyone to erase xmms and only use
> notaun now, because of its' potential.

That doesn't mean it's unreasonable to expect that people will go out of
their way to talk about how much they love xmms, in discussions about
noatun.

> I think Charles should be lucky about the fact, that many people use
> noatun and not xmms.

I think the users should feel lucky that it's there, not vice-versa.

> This is already a big effort and it's not good to be overambitious, this
> reduces the fun.

It reduces the fun when people complain, and complain, and complain, and
complain, and talk about how unstable it is, and talk about how little it
does, and go on about how great xmms is supposed to be, and take the
development of the app for granted.

--
Neil Stevens
neil@qualityassistant.com

Don't think of a bug as a problem.  Think of it as a call to action.