List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: HTTP ioslave port to TCPSlaveBase
From:       Dawit Alemayehu <adawit () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-05 0:08:03

On Wednesday 04 July 2001 17:04, you wrote:

> On Tuesday 03 July 2001 03:43 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> > BTW, Waldo is there any way we can move some of these config
> > initializations from kio_http ?  For example the language settings,
> > whether we should use the cookiejar etc seem to me to be things that we
> > can move into the SessionData class I created for password caching or
> > back out to the application level.  This should make the instantiation of
> > kio_http io-slave a bit more faster :)
>
> Yes, if we move those config setting to kio_httprc we should get it almost
> for free.

Right that is exactly what I want too, but unfortunately some of these settings do
not belong there though.  The ability enable/disable might.  For example, the language
settings are something we determine from the system settings.  However, whether or
not we should send this info as part of the header is something we need to make
configurable in kio_httprc.  The cookie settings on the other hand seem to be something
that should be read elsewhere, preferably the app or the scheduler and sent as a meta-data.
This would definitely shorten the amount of time spent in reparseConfiguration by each http
io-slave.  I will see what I can do for this...

> > We also need that limitation on the number
> > of io-slaves that can connect to a given site at a time.  Is there anyway
> > we can have this for 2.2 since it definitely have impact on performace
> > (http and as David recently pointed out for tar io-slave as well) ?
>
> I will make the maximum nr of slaves / protocol slightly more configurable.
> But not per host yet.

OK.

Regards,
Dawit A.