List:       kfm-devel
Subject:    Re: PATCH: HTTP ioslave port to TCPSlaveBase
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-07-04 21:04:57

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 03:43 pm, Dawit Alemayehu wrote:
> BTW, Waldo is there any way we can move some of these config
> initializations from kio_http ?  For example the language settings, whether
> we should use the cookiejar etc seem to me to be things that we can move
> into the SessionData class I created for password caching or back out to
> the application level.  This should make the instantiation of kio_http
> io-slave a bit more faster :)

Yes, if we move those config setting to kio_httprc we should get it almost
for free.

> We also need that limitation on the number
> of io-slaves that can connect to a given site at a time.  Is there anyway
> we can have this for 2.2 since it definitely have impact on performace
> (http and as David recently pointed out for tar io-slave as well) ?

I will make the maximum nr of slaves / protocol slightly more configurable.
But not per host yet. (the tar stuff doesn't really has this host-notion
anyway)

Cheers,
Waldo
--
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again
         and expecting a different result.