List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Waldo Bastian <bastian () kde ! org>
Date:       2001-05-01 18:24:48

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 10:29, Shawn Gordon wrote:
> At 10:13 AM 5/1/2001, you wrote:
> We've been trying to figure this out for weeks, communicating all over the
> place, we initiated all this discussion, the people that did the changes
> are the ones that didn't communicate.

Sure.

> So is this your knee jerk response or the honest opinion of the KDE
> Community?

It is my opinion. I don't know what the opinion of others is.

> I'm fighting it at both ends here with my developers complaining
> about the problems and some of you guys chewing me out and I'm in the
> middle.

Get out of the way then ;-) Really, if your developers are subscribed to
kde-cvs, koffice-devel and they keep track of CVS changes a bit you tend to
notice when something breaks and then they can yell at whoever breaks it. You
really don't need to do that for them. The impression that I get is that your
developers are off on their own and that they sometimes copy stuff from
somewhere in theKompany to KDE cvs and be done with it. (That's just an
impression, I don't follow kivio very closely) If that's the case I don't see
the point in having it in KDE cvs: having code in KDE cvs means that that
should be the primary development forum (with exceptions for some support
libs) if it isn't it shouldn't be there at all and you should just upload it
to ftp.kde.org when it is ready.

> You guys want our stuff out, consider it gone, just say the word.

I prefer to see it as a part of KDE and being developed as a part of KDE.
Removing it would be my second option. Just my opinion.

Cheers,
Waldo
--
bastian@kde.org | SuSE Labs KDE Developer | bastian@suse.com