List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: Possible cause of kivio problems
From:       Scott Manson <Maniac () Alltel ! net>
Date:       2001-05-01 18:34:57

On Tuesday 01 May 2001 12:13 pm, Waldo Bastian wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 May 2001 08:32, Guillaume Laurent wrote:
> > On Tuesday 01 May 2001 18:20, David Faure wrote:
> > > And the build problem was fixed a few hours later.
> >
> > That's still a few hours lost, possibly more due to people living in
> > different time zones. Multiply this by the hourly rate of the developers
> > working on kivio, you'll get a fair amount of money.
>
> Reading this discussion I think it was a mistake to put Kivio into KOffice
> and I suggest to take it out again. If the hourly rate of theKompany
> developers is more important than the unpaid hours of KDE developers there
> is something fundamentally wrong.
>
> We have issues like this (with people breaking stuff) in other parts of KDE
> constantly and that gets solved with communication. Appearantly theKompany
> does not have time for that so I suggest they take their stuff and put it
> somewhere else.

Here Here FINALLY a voice of reason!
<AOL mode= ON>
me too
<AOL mode=OFF>
IMHO theKompany feels that their software is "better" than anything
else in CVS which might be true; they want to get more PR and ultimately
$ by seeming to support KDE, but don't want to pay the "piper" TINSTAAFL
If they decide to keep their source in CVS then they will also HAVE to accept
that their "precious" code might be broken from time to time.

--
Maniac@alltel.net 40° 37' 9" N, 96° 57' 24" W
A single tasking guy in multi tasking world