List:       kwin
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Project: Window tabbing
From:       Andrew Dorrell <andrew.dorrell () gmail ! com>
Date:       2009-03-13 2:21:48

Hi Lucas,

Just out of curiosity, do you envisage the "tabbing" could be
implemented *only* as an additional window decoration?  Or could it also
be implemented as a grouping at the task-bar for example.

I can imagine for example having a group-bar (as opposed task bar).
Click on the group in the group bar to bring up a list of windows (or
switch to an expose view of the window group or ...).

Handled this way, full-screen apps could still be maintained in groups I
think.  Could Alt-Tab then show grouped icons?  i.e. all windows but
spatially grouped, perhaps with coloured backgrounds or in rows, to
reflect your "tabbed" groups?

Just some thoughts.

I am a little concerned that there are a lot of different approaches to
how this underlying concept of activity based groups should be
implemented in KDE.  It would be nice to pull them together somehow -
before it all gets too confusing for everyone.

Thanks for reading,