List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Article about Baloo
From:       Carl Symons <carl () vaultechnology ! com>
Date:       2014-01-17 17:19:40

On 01/17/2014 08:49 AM, Vishesh Handa wrote:
> Hey guys
>
> I think we need an dot article/blog post informing the public about Baloo.
> Which would you adivse? A dot article will seem more formal and representing
> KDE. Whereas a blog post from me will seem more from me instead of all of KDE.
>
> Does someone want to help me write this article? I imagine it should be worded
> quite carefully.
>
> I've created an etherpad note on - https://notes.kde.org/p/BalooArticle I'm
> still filling it out.
>
> --
> Vishesh Handa

Hello Vishesh,

Yes, there should definitely be a Dot article about this...all of the
Semantic Desktop components have been in the news for a long time. Your
efforts on Baloo should be publicized as well.

I can't work on this for the next few days. I will, after that.

What do you think the timing should be? Is there some event/release that
will be notable? Has Baloo already been included in any of the recent
releases?

Jos already provided some ideas about how to present Baloo.

Whether Dot or blogpost? Both. The Dot article will have less detail
than you can provide on your blog. And the Dot article can point to your
blog for people who want more information.

In addition to the storylines you are developing on the etherpad, it
would be good to write something about KDE developers listening to
users. Nepomuk (and of course its various related functions) has been
the subject of many complaints. It would be good to hear your views on
this...did this enter into your Baloo thinking?

Good work on Baloo; good work on informing people about what Baloo is
about. Thank you.

Carl