List:       kde-promo
Subject:    Re: [kde-promo] Plasma Next Naming
From:       Ivan Čukić <ivan.cukic () kde ! org>
Date:       2014-01-17 17:37:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Dear friends,

It seems we mostly agree on the Plasma Year Month, and Plasma by KDE*
naming, at least in principle. Which is awesome.

The last thing is the release animal spirit.

While I like the idea of having something like this, I do see it more as a
pet name, or name /for friends/ than something that should be actually used
in the public communication.

I don't necessarily think it would be bad to see the name in the about
dialogue "Plasma 2014 June (Gargoylefish)" and in BKO, but similarly to the
version numbers we want to avoid, the nickname provides absolutely no real
information.

Cheerio,
Ivan

* hats off to Martin for this one, it is a really nice idea!