List:       kde-core-devel
Subject:    Re: A new IDE for a new milleneum :-)
From:       Bernd Gehrmann <bernd () physik ! hu-berlin ! de>
Date:       2001-03-31 17:02:28

On Sat, 31 Mar 2001, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> - you didn't make distclean or something like that (there was some
> config.cache with /home/bernd stuff at least ;)

There may be other stuff as well. As make dist does not work
with all the hacks in KDE's makefiles, making a distribution
is a major undertaking :-(

> - Pythong 1.6 is needed? 2.0 doesn't work? I hacked configure, so I can
> compile at least

That's the test from admin ;-) Ideally, the test would simply exclude
the python subdirectory from compilation if it fails. Don't know about
Python 2.0.

> Too bad that it crashes on startup now:
> kdevelop (core): Loading service KIdentify

I've never heard about a service KIdentify ... where does it
come from?

Bernd.